Please register for a comprehensive graduate school admissions workshop series, sponsored by the METU Kariyer Planlama Merkezi and provided by American Advisors. Registration is below the agenda on this page.
December 2, 2013 10:30-12:00
- How to convert your career goals into educational plans.
- What is the difference between working in academia and industry?
- How to decide between different degree options.
- What is the right time to pursue different degree programs?
Choosing the right university for you.
December 2, 2013 13:30-15:00
- How to find universities that offer the right programs for your career goals.
- How to effectively use rankings in your decision of where to apply.
- What factors to consider when choosing schools.
- How friendliness of schools helps you determine the right school.
- How to contact faculty at your selected universities.
Writing a strong and effective statement of purpose.
December 3, 2013 10:30-12:00
- How to determine what the school wants to hear.
- How to describe your career goals.
- How to leverage your past education and work experience.
- How to connect with faculty and others at school.
- What matters most to graduate programs?
- What is the one thing EVERY METU student should say about his/her education?
Getting great references for graduate school applications.
December 3, 2013 13:30-15:00
- Strategically select the right professors for references.
- How to guide your professors to give you the best references.
- What not to do with references.
Optimizing your CV for graduate school applications.
December 16, 2013 10:30-12:00
- What is the right format for your graduate application CV?
- How to write effective descriptions of work and leadership experiences.
- What information to exclude from your CV.
- How to position METU on your CV.
Effectively presenting your transcripts with their strengths and/or weaknesses
December 16, 2013 13:30-15:00
- What grades matter for your program?
- What to do about a low GPA?
- How your GPA affects your test goals on the GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL.